“True to its heritage, the City of Brighton is an exemplary community that embraces and engages residents, businesses, and institutions. The City will continue this collaborative spirit and pursue enhanced partnerships to enrich the built environment, promote well-being, and nurture physical and social connections, while preserving fiscally sustainable core service delivery.”
We are pleased to share the new City of Brighton vision statement with you! Adopted unanimously by City Council, the vision and following goals are the products resulting from collaboration between City Council and staff at the annual retreat. A vision statement provides strategic guidance for decision-making and goal-setting, bridging the present and the future, and serves as a source of inspiration.
The vision statement was established by determining what the City values - the important and lasting beliefs, what is good and desirable, what is fair, innovative, and community oriented. City Council identified and compiled community values through teambuilding exercises and open communication during the retreat, providing the basis for the vision. To achieve this vision, staff developed a series of goal statements to inform our daily operations and future recommendations.
1. Fiscal responsibility is an expectation of constituents to be applied by City Council and City Administration
2. Environmentally responsible practices are to be promoted and the City's natural spaces protected and enjoyed.
3. Exemplary services are a source of pride that will be pursued by balancing community priorities and fiscal restraint.
4. An engaged, connected, and valued citizenry is a hallmark that sets Brighton apart from its peers.
5. The wellbeing of the community will be protected by service-oriented police officers and administrative staff through conscientious policy making that underscores health and safety.
6. The community will be enhanced by well-suited residential and commercial redevelopment.
7. Citizens will have access to resources that support an active and socially enriched lifestyle.
Staff will adapt the vision and goals to department priorities for the upcoming budget year and use the vision as a guide for operation and implementation.